Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The start of something special?

So, I have been away for some time now working on a couple of new strategies that I want to put out there among the people who follow my blog. Basically I plan to share with you what I am doing, and will cover everything from my watch list to my trades. I plan to actually create something that can earn everyone some cash.

I have now been in the option game for about 5 years, and in that time, I have made some good decisions, and certainly some bad ones. The great thing is that I have learnt from all these decisions, which is the best form of experience you can have! I now plan to start a fresh with 2 new strategies that everyone can benefit from. I do plan to start monetising these in the future, but I want to offer this free to the first 50 people. You will be my BETA testers, and will get everything I release for free. This includes a membership site that will be built in the next year (so you will always have access), my trading guide that I will be working on - to put it in perspective, the guide alone could be charged for up to $400. The membership site could be up to $40 per month!

SO for those that want to get in on the ground level, all I ask is that you follow me and email me to say you want in on bestoptiontrader at hotmail.co.uk. Please add your name in the email and I will make sure you get the updates when they come.

You will get EVERYTHING I release for free! I ask that you do just a couple of things. Be honest with me- what works, what does not. If you understand something, or you do not. I will originally send all things through my blog - so my updated watch list everyday, and my picks (the great thing is that these picks can be done at any time)

The way this will work is that I shall build up a fresh watch list. This will be updated on my blog daily for the coming months until everything is sorted with the website - so basically everyone can see what I am doing. The watch list will be built up from of the company fundamentals, and then a final sanity check by looking at technicals - I want 'predictable' stocks. i.e, stocks that have a strong trend.

I shall then be looking at a trigger that will signal a buy or a sell signal- This is not the last part though - I shall then be looking at confirmation that it is doing what I expect. This bit is the great bit about this method. The confirmation can have 5 days to happen. This means that if i have a confirmation on day 1, and you pick it up on day 4, the trade is still seen as active. If however, I get a confirmation on day 5, a trade will have to be placed on that day.

To manage everything effectively over the next few months I will be moving over to awebber - an automatic tool that will send emails to everyone (and mail merge it so it is personal to you!). 50 People will get this service for free. You can tell your friends and family about it (I am not expecting a huge rush, so give it some time). The reason it is free will be that a) I want people to be honest that things are working before I start charging people, and b) no one knows who I am from Adam. c) It will takes some time to build a watch list - I will be starting with only a limited amount of ETF's to begin with (actually there is a nice set up happening on one of them at the moment) and then it takes some time to get proper trade entries. SO basically, I can not charge people money for nothing. I plan to only be honest with this. I am not looking to up sell or any VIP members sites or any of that rubbish. I am not a marketeer, I am not looking to get rich from scamming people. I love doing this work and want it to be my full time occupation. To do this I need some motivation, and some consistency, and if I know I have customers who are depending on me to earn them some pocket money (an extra $50 -$10000 per month!) then I have my motivation.

With the honesty thing in mind, I shall be removing all the adverts off my site, and will only be adding things that I personally use, or have used that add value. If you like what I am doing, then I think that what I add will be good for you, and I would have already bought it and used it- There is so much rubbish that is touted out there that I think having someone who can actually vouch for a product is invaluable- however, at the same time, I am hoping not to have to put anything up there, because we are all making good money that there is no need for any extras- I want to be all you need, and my mission is to ensure that I can provide this. This is why I need your feedback.

So it's a new day, It's a new life... For me, and I am actually feeling pretty good.

The format will take some tweaking, but to start off with here is my watch list at this moment:

DIA - this is set up the best so far, and with any look a trade will be confirmed in the next couple of days.
IWM
QQQQ
XLF
XLE
SPY
SMH

These are all ETFs (Exchange traded funds) and despite only one of them being anywhere near tradable, they are great for my second strategy.

The strategies are as follows:

The 'risky strategy' (RS) will consist of straight call and put buying. This will also mean that you will require a bigger balance for a couple of different reasons. However, the fundamentals of the stock say that the price will either go up or down consistently, the technicals confirm this and trigger the trade only when everything is on our side. We look to go one better, by buying plenty of time- ideally 3 months, 2 months at the least, as we plan to sell the option with 30 days left. This way we get the maximum amount of profit without time decay eating into our profits.

The LRS' (LS) The LS is a much less risky strategy which will serve a lower account balance. The trades will be performed as a credit spread. We will be pretty confident that the stock will move in our desired direction, and we will look to take in a credit (buying and selling a call or put at a different strike price to earn our selves a tidy little credit). We will be looking to buy between 15 - 45 days worth of time, as time decay on this strategy actually works in our favour.

As we come to actually place the trades, I will explain the why's and the logistics.

I will be starting with a $5000 account balance, and looking to place 10% of my account on any one trade. This is scalable upwards. The trades I place will be a mixture of the RS and the LS strategies. If you have a large account balance, you may want to copy exactly, however with a smaller account balance, you can increase your risk to 25% of your account on any one trade (we will look at a 50% stop loss on an option price - so you would only risk 13.5% on your account excluding commissions). If you have a micro account - anything less than $500, you should be able to follow some of the LS strategies, however $500 is probably the least you want to start with as you may need to buy additional contracts, but that can be discussed later.

That is all for now. The main thing you need to look at is the watch list. Email me with 'I WANT IN' in the subject title, and I will add you to my distribution list and we will start on our money making journey together.

I will not guarantee that you will make money on every trade. Losing is part of trading, but we want to keep our losses to a minimum. I would suggest using a demo account to start with, or paper trade my trades so you can see that the trades I am making make money. Ultimately you need to decide whether you place a trade or not. The risk does lie with you, and you alone, however, it is in my interests to make sure that I give you the ability to make those decisions with the best foundation possible. My aim is to make myself money through my trading not through memberships and the like (that is why I am happy to give out freebies to start with). Anything given away freely will not have any value. I believe this does have value which is why I will charge for it. The 50 lifetime memberships are there for a demo group. They are actually servicing me and doing me a favour - one which will be paid back many times over in both value and cash!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment